Sunday, August 27, 2017

Fall is in the Air

It may not quite feel like fall where you live. In fact, this is the hottest month we've had all year at my house! We're still having 90+ degree days regularly--ick! But, my kids are back in school, (preseason) football is on, and I'm starting to see "pumpkin" and "spice" trickle in to the stores. I feel like by the time 1 season peaks, we're mentally moving on, anxiously awaiting the next. So, we're talking about "fall" in August. Indoors, it's a pleasant 75 degrees, and I fully intend to use my safe, non-toxic essential oils in a diffuser, instead of synthetic fragrance-filled air fresheners and candles, to set the fall mood at my house! I wanted to share some of my favorite combos to get me in the mood for sweatshirts and boots, even if I'm still sweating in tank tops!


So, why do I love these? I'll tell you!

1. Chill in the Air, Thieves and Nutmeg: Thieves essential oil blend is a must for back-to-school and changing weather. It's excellent support for the immune system, and diffusing helps to purify the air. It includes cinnamon and clove, so topping it off with nutmeg means the smell of fall is built right in! This is our Saturday afternoon football blend!

2. Cozy Nap, Cedarwood and Orange: Truth be told, we use this combo year round. It is soothing and calming and a perfect bedtime blend. Cedarwood has great soothing properties, smelling sweet and woodsy, while orange is one of the few relaxing and autumnal citrus oils.

3. Fresh and Crisp, Copaiba and Eucalyptus: I use Eucalyptus globulus in this blend, since that is the one I have. Any variety of eucalyptus would work here. This is such a refreshing combo that will have you breathing easy with the windows open! The copaiba adds a light, woodsy note, with awesome soothing properties.

4. Trick or Treat, Christmas Spirit and Fennel: I am not someone who associates the smell of orange with Christmas, even though it is the dominant smell in the Christmas Spirit blend to me. Christmas Spirit is completed with cinnamon and spruce, making it so ideal for the whole season. I love adding a little fennel for extra spicy-sweet. It smells like licorice and even has historical roots in warding off evil spirits--does that say Halloween or what?

5. Fresh and Focused, Rosemary, Frankincense, and Peppermint: This is my favorite alert and focused combo. I keep it in a roll on in my purse. The rosemary and peppermint are so refreshing and invigorating, and the frankincense is grounding and centering. I love it for morning yoga with the windows opened!

6. Warm and Cozy, Orange, Cinnamon, and Patchouli: This combination is so relaxing and comforting for me. The orange is fresh, the cinnamon is warm, and the patchouli is spicy. I like this blend at bedtime since patchouli makes me feel so mellow! I don't always love the smell of patchouli. It is rich and heavy to me, and seems to dominate whatever I pair it with, which is why I go light on it. I do love how it makes me feel, so I find ways to use it!

7. Fall Spice, Clove, Nutmeg, and Orange: I fully admit I am a recovering Pumpkin Spice candle addict! I had them burning all fall long, year after year! When I discovered how bad candles are for your health--from the soot and junk in the wicks, to the synthetic fragrances--I had to find a substitute diffuser scent for fall. On top of smelling just perfect, clove is excellent for cleansing and purifying the air. Nutmeg is stimulating and smells like apple pie! Of course, the orange balances it out, adding a freshness to the spices.  

I hope these will help you get in the mood for cooler weather! And if you are new to essential oils, or don't recognize some of these Young Living exclusives, you can get more info on getting started with this amazing company HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment