Sunday, June 26, 2016

Olive Oil + Vitality Herb Oils = YUMMY Dinner!

Do you like Italian food? How about Americanized Italian-inspired food? :) One of our favorite side dishes around here is bread with dipping oil. We mix up some dried herbs with olive oil and dip a warm, crusty bread in it...mmm...Since I've discovered Essential Oils that are safe to ingest (PLEASE follow labeled instructions! They aren't all safe! Get safe ones HERE), I like using them to jazz up my food dishes and this is a perfect one! It already uses a carrier oil and herbs in the same family. Any of the herb oils, like rosemary, oregano, Taste of Italy blend, or even lemon, would be tasty in this dish! And the herb oils are so great for supporting a healthy immune system. This is a great, raw application, where you don't risk high heat damaging the therapeutic properties of the oil.

  • 1/4 - 1/2 tsp raw, minced garlic
  • 1/4 - 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/4 - 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 - 1 tsp Italian dried herb blend (I use a combo that is 2 pars each basil and oregano, 1 part each thyme, rosemary, and parsley, stored in its own spice jar)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 drop Vitality Essential oil 
All you have to do is combine and enjoy! There is a lot of flexibility in the recipe. Just use what you have, and as much or as little as you like!  Precision is not important. I never even measured it until I got ready to share!  Remember to start with less, cause you can always add more.
I also love to translate this recipe to chicken. Simply modestly sprinkle the same dry ingredients on the chicken (I like boneless, skinless white meat for this).  Then I pan fry it in my cast iron skillet, on medium heat, using the Vitality infused olive oil to cook with.  Now, cooking with the essential oil, you do run the risk of damaging its therapeutic value, but you are still getting the great boost of flavor. I usually eat these two dishes together, with a little side salad, for a simple, healthy supper. 

UPDATE: I used this oil blend on diced red potatoes, then roasted in the oven, at 425 for 20-25 min... OMG! YUM!

Check out my video for a few more tips on making this dish happen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment