Thursday, August 18, 2016

All About Cedarwood

This month, August 2016, Young Living is giving away a free full-sized bottle of Cedarwood Essential Oil to all new wholesale members. Free! Just for signing up! So, what is Cedarwood essential oil and why do you need it in your life???

Cedarwood originally comes from Morocco and according to Life Science Publishing's Essential Oil Pocket Reference it is "closely related to the biblical cedars of Lebanon" with traditional uses in medicines and embalming. The essential oil is steam distilled from the bark of the tree.

As for modern day uses... the list is impressive! It's well known for promoting a full and healthy hair (you could add it to that hair serum recipe I shared!) It also has some great cleansing properties especially for this skin. Aromatically, Cedarwood is calming making it a great choice for focus blends and bedtime, for grown ups and for kids!

Cedarwood is such a great partner with other oils! So much so that Young Living uses it in a lot of their proprietary blends including Stress Away, Brain Power, Highest Potential, and Tranquil Roll On. Don't those sound nice? They also take advantage of  those cleansing properties when including it in their ART Beauty Masque, Peppermint-Cedarwood Moisturizing Soap, and KidScents Bath Gel.

Now, I will admit, when I first tried Cedarwood, I hated the smell!  I thought it smelled like cat pee! Fortunately, I seem to be a rare breed there! And it has grown on me. I powered through, trying to seize it's benefits by combining it with other oils and/or using it on my feet for Vita Flex applications. Now, I really like the smell. It's sweet and slightly woodsy. I use it my diffuser at bedtime almost every night. I change it up, pairing it with different things on different nights. Here are some of my favorite combos! (I use 1-3 drops of each oil)


Of course, things like peppermint and rosemary are typically perky oils, while things like lavender and Stress Away are more often used at bedtime. But remember, Cedarwood is flexible and can be helpful at all times of the day! I will also note that many ultrasonic diffusers do not recommend the use of vetiver since it is so thick and viscous. Check with your manufacturer!

Any of these combinations would make for excellent roller bottle combinations for the Vita Flex applications I mentioned before. For kids, under 10, try 1-5 drops of each in a 10mL roller bottle, topped with a liquid carrier oil of your choice. For bigger kids and adults, go with 5-15 drops of each. Within those ranges, account for specific age, size, sensitivity, and experience with essential oils.

Are you ready to get started with the essential oils, and get your Cedarwood for free? Learn more here!

No comments:

Post a Comment